♥Welcome♥

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jia Qian's Personal recount


                It has been two months since I started my secondary education at Cedar Girls’ Secondary School, however, the increasing amount of co-curriculum activities and projects had caused me to burn the midnight oil literally every day in order to hand up my homework punctually. It was really exhausting, but I always manage  to resist the temptation of my welcoming and warm bed, though on one typical Tuesday night, I finally succumbed to the temptation, leaving my Chinese homework half-done, and even found myself overslept the following morning. In my hurry to start my journey to school, I had completely forgotten to bring along my incompleted homework, but unknowingly left it on my desk, and rushed out of my house
            “Students, please pass up the Chinese homework that I had assigned you yesterday. I trust that all of you had completed and brought along your homework today.” said our Chinese teacher, while his suspicious-looking eyes roamed around the classroom, trying to identify guilty faces. Panic-stricken, I recalled my irresponsible act of drifting off to sleep without completing my homework, and to make matters worse, I discovered, after five minutes of bag-searching, that I did not bring along my Chinese homework. “I am dead.” I thought, as the Chinese teacher was one of the fiercest teachers. My heart sank and I dare not think of the consequence of my irresponsible act. With my stomach filled with over a hundred of fluttering butterflies, I walked up to the Chinese teacher, with each step I took filled with dread and fear. Slowly, I muttered what had happened. He was silent for a few moments, before he erupted like a volcano. “I want you to stand outside the classroom, facing the windows, and reflect on your irresponsible act!” he responded angrily. Shame-faced, I followed his instructions, and was truly embarrassed when other schoolmates passed by me, with a questioning look on their faces.  Though the Chinese lesson only lasted for an hour, but to me, it felt as if it lasted for the whole day. After the lesson, the Chinese teacher had assigned us with a new task, which is to write a 200 word essay on our most memorable lesson.
Upon reaching home, I immediately completed my leftover Chinese homework and after that, wrote the essay. However, the most memorable lesson that I mentioned in the essay was neither a fun lesson, nor an interesting lesson, but the time that I had spent during the Chinese lesson outside the classroom. I wrote out all my feelings, my thoughts, and my remorse. Never had I expected that the essay, which I handed in the following day punctually, was not only chosen as the best essay of the level, and also received praises from the other Chinese teachers. As I had never been praised for my essays or won any awards for any of my essays before, that was the luckiest day of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment