♥Welcome♥

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

♥JunHiang [June]'s Favourite Primary School Memory♥

My favourite memory in Primary School was when I won the debate competition. It was the annual P6 inter-class debate competition. We were against 6 Faith, and at that time, I was in 6 Patience. My Primary School by the way is Edgefield Primary School. I was the third speaker, and it was my job to give the final rebuttals and wrap up the case. I remember how nerve wrecking it was standing up on stage in front of the entire school, giving my rebuttals and proving my case, but once I started, I couldn't stop. I just kept lashing out, I wanted to win, debate was always my passion and I didn't want to let my classmates down. This was not only important to me, but to them as well. My teacher always said I had potential and his expectations of me were very high. By the time I finished, a sense of relief swept through me. It took me a while before I noticed the loud applause the audience and judges were creating, and I smiled, together with my teammates. It was the best moment of my life when they announced that we won and I even won the best speaker award. I will never forget this day, never.

Posted by:
June

0 comments:

Post a Comment